Sunday, October 08, 2006

Small World

This week has been one of those times where you feel that the world is incredibly small and interconnected.. I've met several new people only to find that we all have common friends, have worked for the same people, or have otherwise crossed paths in the past.

The first incident was when we met our new neighbor. He came over to give us some soup and say welcome to the neighborhood, and we were chit chating -- he asked what I did for a living and I tried as I always do to somehow say that i'm in the web development business but without saying that i'm a web designer.. and he actually understood.. The reason he understood is that he works for a local Web/Multimedia outfit as a VP of sales and we know a lot of the same people. Pretty cool.

The next day, we had some new friends over that we know from soccer and church, and I come to find that he used to work for the same company, knew my neighbor and actually had some pretty funny stories about him so it all comes back around.

I'd better get off here. Dora is almost over and my little 2 year old will be demanding my attention once more..

No comments: